Sunday, December 29, 2013

12 Days of Firemen - #Day 10



Welcome to Day #10 of the 12 Days of Firemen! The winners from yesterday are:

Correct answer: Brandi B.
Creative answer: Lenna H.

The correct answer was B -- find another exit. A hot doorknob indicates fire on the other side of that door.

For today's question, I decided to go back in time.

Who invented the first fire extinguisher?

This invention has probably save hundreds of thousands of lives. But until I looked into it, I never knew which ingenious person created it. It turns out to be a pretty fascinating story, so have fun!

As always, research is allowed. Prizes will be awarded for one randomly selected correct answer and one creative.

The winner will receive my dear friend Candis Terry's next book, THE SWEETEST MISTAKE, which is also out on Tuesday, and also features a firefighter! I love Candis' books, and when I realized firefighter Jackson Wilder was the hero of this one, I clicked pre-order so fast, my computer nearly caught fire.


The "creative" winner will receive a Bachelor Firemen gift pack.

You have until 10am EST tomorrow to leave your answer either here or on my Facebook page. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. bouncers at the club where they filmed Magic Mike

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. bouncers at the club where they filmed Magic Mike or
    George William Manby

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. British Captain, George William Manby. And what a cool invention that was.

    ReplyDelete