Monday, June 11, 2012

Fun with Firemen

I had tons of fireman fun this past week in California. Can't you tell?

That's a fireman at a station in Los Angeles posing with both my books. And his coworker is apparently reading THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME ... or at least hiding behind it.



And look at this photo ... see that sign? Where it says "San Gabriel"? Yep, this is the actual, real-life, non-Bachelor San Gabriel station.


My fictional San Gabriel is somewhere in the desert "Inland Empire" of California, but the real one is in the greater Los Angeles area, and I got to pay it a visit. I dropped off a box of books, which are presumably making their way into the hands of various wives and girlfriends. I met the Fire Chief, who is an extremely gracious man. He gave me a tour of the station, including the drool-worthy, state-of-the-art kitchen the crew built with their own hands.




Wow. Falling in love yet? He also showed me San Gabriel's lovely 9/11 memorial, which is especially meaningful considering the history of my hero in Book 3 (more to come on that.)



Last, but not least, I stopped by the Los Angeles station where my "fire consultant" works. Here he is, my favorite real-life Fire Captain! It was so great to meet him in person. And his crew had a lot of fun with the books. (See the photos above.)




Once again, I was blown away by how nice, humble, and down-to-earth these courageous real-life heroes are. Thanks to all for the lovely time in California.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment