Monday, May 11, 2015

RT and Me

I'm at the Anchorage airport, about to board a flight for Dallas and the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention. I'm convinced I don't have enough outfits for five days, and that I will either run out of promo items or no one will want my silly "All of Me" Cracker Jacks. In other words, the usual pre-journey jitters.

If you're in Dallas and would like to say "hey," here's a handy guide for where to find me. I plan to use it myself. So ...

Tuesday May 12 - I mentioned the Cracker Jacks, right? Tuesday evening will find me and some helpful lovely people attaching excerpt booklets to these babies. If you have a driving need to put promo swag together, let me know. I can totally hook you up. You will find this swag in Promo Alley unless it runs out, or no one wants it and I make a big bonfire and call the fire department.

Wednesday May 13 - The First Party. It's very important to set the tone for the entire conference with a few drinks right off the bat. (You didn't hear me say that.) I'll be rocking some cowboy-ish boots at the Taste of Texas Romance Rodeo in the Landmark Ballroom. Yee-haw! (I promise not to say that anymore for the rest of this blog post.)

Thursday May 14 - 11:15 Avon Presents:  A Texas Homecoming Craft-Along. I'm a consultant for a table of crafty people making ... sashes? Corsages? I'm really not sure, but I think it will be a blast. Are you crafty? Please come help! Because I'm not. At all. I can bribe you with ... hmm ... Cracker Jacks?

Thursday May 14 - 7 pm - Avon Books Margarita Mayhem. If you're an Avon Addict or a blogger or anyone who has received an invitation to this cocktail party, I hope to see you there. Avon parties are always fun, and margaritas are fun, as is mayhem. This one can't miss.

Thursday May 14 - 9pm - The Wild West Steampunk Party - Thanks to my friend Boone Brux, I have a costume, so I'm going! Yeehaw! (Oops, sorry.)

Friday May 15 - 4pm Avon's Paris in Texas Cocktail Party - I'll be signing books and sipping wine, which is a dangerous combination that I'm amazed hasn't resulted in disaster before now.

Friday May 15 - 10pm Pitch Perfect 2 Party!! This is a sold-out excursion, so if you signed up on time, I'll see you on the bus! (There's a certain exclamation I could use here, but didn't. You're welcome.)

Saturday May 16 - 10am - 2pm  The Giant Book Fair. Signing books, most likely regretting the wine and late night Pitch Perfect screeching from Friday. Please, please come by and revive me.

Saturday May 16 - 8:30 LizBeth Selvig and I are hosting a private get-together. If you are interested in joining us, let me know and I will send you an invitation.

Sunday May 17 - Zero Dark Ass-Crack of Dawn -Shuttle, airport, back to reality.

Of course I will also be attending workshops, roaming the bar, looking for trouble wearing a cowboy hat, and who knows what else. And I'll try to keep on top of Instagram and Twitter and Facebook and all that. (Click the icons to follow.)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment