Monday, October 14, 2013

Book Events with Rachel Gibson

I picked up my first Rachel Gibson book a few years ago, and was instantly captured by her wry, irreverent style and the unusual heroine, a New Age shop owner who liked aromatherapy. Perfect foil for the undercover cop hero. Gabrielle Breedlove and Joe Shanahan were so wrong for each other, and yet so deliciously, hilariously perfect for each other. I adored It Must Be Love, but I never, ever imagined that I'd someday be appearing at a book event WITH RACHEL GIBSON!!

Believe it or not, that's what's happening this week. Wednesday at 7pm, we'll be at the Mission Viejo Library, and Thursday at 7pm at the Clark County library in Las Vegas (all the details are below), talking about our books and signing. I'm excited and yes, a little nervous. She's a superstar who routinely appears on the bestseller lists. I'm still a relative newcomer, having only been published for a year and a half. Book signings in general are still new to me, let alone book signings in the company of Rachel Gibson!

I have a feeling this will be me. ;-)


But hey, it's a thrill and hopefully I won't do anything embarrassing like over-gush or forget the title of my book or trip over my chair or spill water on everyone's books ... well, let's not imagine all possible bad scenarios.

So, if you're in Southern California or near Las Vegas, do consider coming out! I'd love to meet you.

October 16, 7pm
Mission Viejo Library
100 Civic Center
Mission Viejo, CA

October 17, 7pm
Clark County Library
Jewel Box Theater
1401 E. Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89119

Rachel will be signing her bestselling new book, RUN TO YOU,
















and I'll be signing HOW TO TAME A WILD FIREMAN.

1 comment: