Monday, May 21, 2012

Cover Secrets

When Avon decided to release the first two Bachelor Fireman books back to back, I was incredibly excited because, as a reader, I don't like having to wait for the next book in a series. I want it now! I want to know what happens next. I want to see my favorite characters again. Instant gratification, how I love thee.

I knew back-to-back releases would be a lot of work, but I didn't mind that. I jumped at the chance. I wrote my little fingers off, met my deadlines, and eagerly welcomed the dates of April 24 and May 29. What I didn't expect (because I didn't know anything) was that I'd have a double whammy dose of the jitters. HOT FOR FIREMAN is coming out in a little over a week, and I've still got release day nerves for THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME. But not to worry, those jitters are a good thing -- it's excitement, anticipation, the fluttery-belly breathlessness before you take a step into the unknown.

Here's a little piece of trivia about the covers of the first two Bachelor Fireman books. HOT FOR FIREMAN originally featured the image on the current THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME cover -- and vice versa.

The first cover I ever saw was this one, with the bare-chested hottie in the kitchen with the girl with the cute skirt. It had the title THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME. I absolutely adored it. But when they switched the two covers, so Mr. Hottie now graces the HOT FOR FIREMAN cover, I adored it even more. Because that cover is hot. (In my humble opinion.)

The other cover has a sweeter feel, which perfectly suits the title THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME (although both books are equally hot, content-wise.)

So I'm not sure who came up with the idea of switching the covers, but I'm very grateful. I think it worked out perfectly. 


3 comments:

  1. The covers are amazing, I love those covers!! I also loved your first book THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME. I can't wait for the next book HOT FOR FIREMAN. Amazon will send it on Thursday, I can't wait! :D
    You did an excellent job! FIRE-FANTASTIC!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Ginger!! Didn't Avon do an incredible job with those covers? Holy Fire Hose! LOL. I'm so glad you loved FWLM, and I hope you enjoy the next book ... and there's more to come! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! A wonderful job with those covers, and because my bookshelf is so full of books I site FWLM so that I can see the cover. ;) And it is definitely a book I will read more than once.
    Today my postman brought me HOT FOR FIREMAN, so I will make coffee or maybe some hot chocolate and read this book.
    Oh and I want to say, I would love more books of yours. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete