Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Chocolate Challenge

Since I'm no good at New Year's resolutions, I'm making a "new knee" resolution. I just had surgery on my left knee (ACL reconstruction, for those of you familiar with knee issues.) The lead-up to the surgery and the aftermath have put a serious crimp in my blogging intentions. But now -- new knee, new attitude. I'm going to aim for a new post every Monday.

But I'm the kind of person who needs an incentive. I fall somewhere on the spectrum between procrastinator and slacker. So I'm issuing this challenge to myself and to you. If you catch me without a post up by 9am on a Monday -- Eastern standard time, to make it even harder for me since I'm 4 hours behind -- and you call me on it in the form of a comment or an email to JenniferBernard.author@gmail.com, I'll send you some chocolate.



(Yes dear, someone said chocolate.) This is no hardship for me because I love sending people chocolate. I do it so often that Vosges, my favorite chocolate maker, assigned me my own "chocolate concierge." Her name is Betty, and I simply email her when I want to send someone a gift of sweet, delicious heaven. In fact, I may just miss a post on purpose so I can send off some chocolate.

My latest chocolate obsession? Dark chocolate-covered blueberry and acai berries. I've never seen an acai berry in the wild, but they sure taste good dipped in chocolate. What's more, I choose to believe they have magical healing properties since I hear they're grown in the high Himalayas and harvested under the crescent moon by chanting Tibetan monks. (Please don't ruin my illusions with any inconvenient factual corrections.) Since chocolate cures most ills anyway (see above request re factual corrections), these wondrous little sweets must be twice as powerful. 

Think they might heal my left knee if I eat enough of them? I figure it's worth a try.

So there it is, my Chocolate Challenge! I'm in the clear for this week, but please try again next week. And be sure to follow the blog to qualify to win. Here are the rules again:

1. See that I haven't posted a new blog post by 9am EST on any given Monday.
2. Comment here on the blog or email me at JenniferBernard.author@gmail.com.
3. Follow this blog.
4. Prepare to receive chocolate.

In the meantime, what's your favorite kind of chocolate? Have you tried the chocolate covered acai berries?

Have a great week!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. 9 Eastern, that's 6am Pacific, right? I'm doomed. Definitely not winning any chocolate any time soon...

    I guess I'll have to stick with my Trader Joe's chocolate covered soybeans...No really, they're not bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, chocolate covered soybeans? I have to give those a try. (Or do I?) If you say they're good ... ;-) It's hard to go wrong with chocolate, after all.

      Delete